There's a few key search tips to know before you begin your search for your perfect home plan which will be the blueprint for your new home.
- Don't set a specific square footage parameter which will limit the number of house plans in your search results. Use a square footage range of 400 to 500 square feet. Use a couple of hundred square feet above and under your desired square footage keeping in mind that you can modify any of our floor plans.
- For example, if your desired home plan is 3,000 square feet, use 2,800 to 3,300 for your home design search parameters.
- Determine how many stories, bathrooms and bedrooms you'll want, as well as how many garage bays and your desired depth and width if you know.
- The next step is deciding on the style of your home plan. If you're unsure, look through our architectural styles to decide what you like best. Our floor plans come in every architectural style available from simple to luxury to modern house plans and every other possible home design style on the planet!
- You can also look through our specialty collections that offer special features in house designs like in-law suites, open floor plans and tiny house plans just to name a few. The most important thing to remember is that any of our plans can be modified to include most of these items and it's better to have a larger number of plans to peruse through that can be modified if necessary, than have a limited number of plans in your search results.
- To see all our search options available, take a look at our Advanced Search page. Here you can specify if you want a rear, side or front facing garage, where you want your exterior porches, which floor you want your master suite and much more. Just keep in mind most of these blueprint details can be modified into the majority of our home plans.
- If you want complimentary assistance to find your dream house plan, call our home specialists to get suggestions, receive help navigating through our website or to ask questions. Our experienced, courteous home plan experts are eager to help you through email, live chat or by calling (866) 214-2242